Friday, May 27, 2016

Indoor, low light, photos, coming out blurry and you can't use flash? USE A TRIPOD OR HOLD CAMERA NEXT TO SOME STEADY OBJECT!

I was inside Natural History Museum in Los Angeles.  There was beautiful pattern on a wall. I wanted to take a photo of it. In Auto mode, I clicked on the shutter. The photo was blurry.



What is the problem? A blurry photo, low light.

I though of flash but it would not work as it would create reflections. Also, it was bit far and not whole art was at equal distance. As light falls of exponentially (Inverse square root law of light..or something they call it!), the fan end would get darker anyway.

I didn't have tripod either! What was my fix? There was a wall next to me. I held my camera against the wall. I just had to press it against the wall and this would help keep the camera steady. 
It did the trick! My photo was sharp and clear!
Don't think TEP is a great way to fix your photos? If  you do, please share this tip and other tips with your friends on Facebook! If you friends are able to take better photos, your eyes will thank you too when you look at their photos! This way we can together make the world a better place one thing at a time, one photo at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment