Friday, May 27, 2016

Indoor, or low light, photos are coming out blurry? USE FLASH!

In a relatively dark room, I was trying to take photo of my son who had put artificial mustache, and dark shades. As there was no light, the camera had to keep the shutter open too long. Little bit of technical details- when shooting human beings, the shutter should generally be no slower than 1/70 or 1/50 second! If you are shooting kids or pets, it needs to be even more faster like 1/100 or 1/150 to avoid any blur because of the breathing or movement by the subject. The shutter in this case was open for almost a half second! 25 times slower than 1/50 second that I would have liked!


What is the problem here? The light is too low. Plus, the subject is within the range of camera flash (within 15 feet). I turned on Flash and took a new photo! Problem fixed. The photo came out very well.
My mission reached! I am happy. Maybe this is not a great photo to enter into a contest or get paid but for my needs, and to share on Facebook or WhatsApp, this is a great photo!


No comments:

Post a Comment