Thursday, May 26, 2016

You can't change the world (light I mean); CHANGE YOUR POSITION/DIRECTION! MOVE YOURSELF!!

I was at my son's school taking photos of kids on a bright sunny afternoon! Probably you already know that most professional photographers don't like to take photos outdoor on a sunny afternoon! However, we are not professional photographers ;) We can't tell the school office to schedule the event in early morning or in the evening. We don't have many choices.
There were some mom's, my wife and her friends, who wanted me to take their photos. They were in the shade, under a tree. I took one photo and it came a bit darker. Faces were not clearly visible. I knew my problem. I needed to get faces exposed better without washing out the background completely. I needed better reflected light on the faces.

I didn't want to change settings on the camera so I made a quick decision. After taking first photo, I moved on the other side and asked them to turn around. Them I moved 90 degrees and took a third photo. I wasn't sure which direction offered better reflected light! So I just took photos from 3 different angles! I knew one of them would be better then the other!
So sometimes, when you can't change the light, change yourself ;) Change your position or direction.





Don't you agree Trial and Error Photography helps you take better photos?
To summarize: Take a photo. If it is not good, find the issue. Once you know the issue, try to fix it and retake a photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment